Thursday, April 3, 2014

4 Months!

 This little guy is 4 months old!  He is at such a fun age right now.  He started belly laughing, responds to being tickled, and kicks up a storm.  He started screeching this high-pitched joyful scream whenever he wants our attention, or sees one of his sisters run by. 

 He is currently in 12 month clothes, and is growing like a beanstalk!  He weighs about 18-19 pounds I think, but I will know for sure at his doctor appointment coming up.  I'm so excited, I love the well visits!  He is the hungriest, happiest, healthiest little guy.  Well, his belly is rarely empty actually..which is probably why he is so happy all the time. :)

 See what I mean?  That little grin!

We are going to break out the jumperoo very soon, which will thrill him!  Oh, I can't wait.  He has been kicking up a storm, so those legs are ready.  He is going to LOVE being able to jump around like his big sisters. 

He goes to bed right around 7 with the girls, and has been waking  up once in the night.  He is very content to lay in his crib and listen to his music as he is falling to sleep.  He has lately started looking like he wants to sit up while he is laying down, bending at the waist and lifting his head.  He loves when I prop him up to look at the room, and his favorite thing is sitting propped on my bed while I get dressed. 
He is drooling up a storm, and always has a bib on.  He is always trying to chew on things, and Reilly is always checking to see if there are any teeth. :)  He is such a little thumb sucker!  While we were driving today, I had Reagan and Declan both silently in the back seat sleeping, and all I heard were there intermittent suck-suck-suck-sucks of their thumbs. It was so sweet.

 Declan, at this age, all we have to do is look at you and smile and you start laughing back at us with your big gummy smile.  I can't even handle your cuteness most days.  I also can't handle how often you grow out of clothes.  I mean, just stay put for a little while, will ya buddy?  I don't want you to have to be naked all summer. ;)

Easygoing is not even the word for you.  You will eat whenever I can feed you, go where I go with no complaint, sit in the stroller/your carseat/my carrier without making a peep, and sit in restaurants like a little champ.  You are so happy to be whereever we are, and are such a joy to our family.

Everywhere we go, people comment on how much you look like your sisters.  Most say a mix between Reilly and Reagan, and just how evident it is that you are all siblings.  I see so much of Reilly in you, but in a rounder, handsome little face.  I think you are Reilly share your eyes.

I recently looked up facts about the name Declan..and it means "Full of Goodness" and "Man of Prayer".  Seriously the most perfect description.  Well, I don't know if he prays yet, but he is definitely full of goodness. :)  Also, there was a St. Declan in Ireland, who brought God's word to the Irish people even before St. Patrick did!  For real, look it up.  Crazy, right?  We are definitely going to tell him that every St. Patrick's Day...this should be YOUR day dude.

Happy 4 Months little munchkin lovie nugget mister mans!  I want to eat you!

No comments:

Post a Comment